The Tension Fades

I have no speed events to train for right now, and I kind of like that. No pressure to go fast with either the running or the biking. I am, though, continuing to train, going more for endurance with a little bit of speed thrown in. I'm hoping this will help me get ready for the century ride I hope to do at the end of October. I have no idea what is considered a good training method to prepare for a century, but I figure going for distance with intervals of speed can't be too far off. So after work today, I hopped on the bike and rode for 20 miles, with an average speed 15.2 mph.

And what a pretty evening for a ride. No wind. The heat was lessening since it was early evening. Really ideal conditions to get out and let the day's tension unwind with each mile that passed. At one point I looked in my mirror and saw another cyclist fast approaching. Not long after, he zoomed on by. I took the challenge and managed to stay on his tail for the about twenty feet. About ten minutes later, another cyclist passed me with what appeared to be no effort at all. I thought about trying to keep up with him. For two seconds.

In the end, the ride offered that peace my soul needed today. It was a perfect ending to a day of classes that went better than I expected.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky