By This Time Tomorrow . . .

the relay will be over and my running days will be, too. Part of me feels like I'm giving up, but it's not like I haven't done a lot of research, haven't done a lot of reading as to why I feel so crummy every single time I run. In a nutshell, those who run tend to have long, lean muscle structure. I definitely do not have that. I'm average height at 5'5" and weigh a solid 145. Trying to get under 145 for me is nearly impossible, due in part to the rather large muscles I have all over my body. My legs, my arms, my torso all are thick with muscle. You know how everyone says women can't build muscle unless they take steroids? Well, I'm the exception. I build muscle rather easily. I joke often that I am borderline male, with excess hair growth to boot. Lucky me.

To put these muscles to good use, that's where the bike comes in. Today I rode easy with Hubby. And I have to say, this was his best ride to date. He maintained a 14.96 mph speed for 10.58 miles. Not bad. I rode right behind him the whole way, enjoying the draft, but more importantly using today to learn how to ride behind someone else. When he slowed, I slowed. When he moved left, I moved left. It really made me have to pay attention. I also used today to work on taking curves, keeping my eyes on a spot where I wanted my bike to go. It's interesting how the body follows where the eyes are focused. In general, the ride was good.

Other good things today:
  • Middle child and I cleaned the garage some, enough that things are orderly and the workout equipment is easy to access.
  • The weather is cooler. We turned off the air and opened up the windows. The cicadas are singing for us.
  • Hubby and I are going fishing in a little while, taking the boat so we can enjoy the lake by being on the lake.
  • The SUV is clean inside and out. Love a clean vehicle.


  • The best thing today--feeling truly peaceful.

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Marigolds

    Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

    Night Sky