Obstacles Popping Up

This whole no car thing involves a lot more than what I had considered when I decided to jump into it. Like what to do with all the biking events I've signed up for that are an hour, sometimes two, away. I can't ride my bike there then home. Well, I could, but I'd be on the bike all day long. That's just not reasonable. Since yesterday's event, I've been thinking further into my scheme to live sans car.

Yesterday's event was about 40 minutes away. I'd had this thirty mile ride planned for about three weeks. When I decided to see how life is without a car, I didn't even think about this event or the others I have on the calendar. And for only having three days of no car under my belt, I was really surprised with how awful I felt getting behind the wheel to drive to the event. I felt like a failure at my experiment. But then I thought there are some things that I need to drive to, especially if the events are already paid for. I shouldn't just not go because of the experiment. I need, though, to figure out how to deal with getting to places that are out of town. Hitch a ride with someone else?

Definitely still things to work through with the experiment. Like where to go to catch the bus that will take me to campus. I think it's just up the street, but I need to make certain of this. If I'm going to make this work, I need to find the people who can answer my questions. Thankfully it looks like the weather is going to continue to be sunny and warm, so walking and biking are still the two top modes of transportation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky