32 Miles

My longest ride yet. And a good ride, too. Cool, very little wind, and lots of wildlife to admire. At one point a hawk was flying parallel to me and shrieking. That was terribly cool.

With the new app on my new phone, I was able to keep track of my miles and pace, just like I've been wanting. I stopped three times to save my session, and when I arrived back home I was able to examine the information. My average pace was right at 15 mph, with a low of 13.4 mph (two consecutive hills that kicked my booty) and a maximum speed of 26 (a really nice downhill portion that is very, very fun). The last four miles I really slowed it down since I was on a much-used trail with lots of walkers and lots of bikers. That last four miles was heavenly after 28 of really pushing it.

The only downside to today's ride was losing all the data when I logged in to transmit the info to the website. It just vanished. And so far I haven't been able to locate it on the phone. I'm hoping the support staff for the app can give me an idea of what happened and how to avoid it in the future.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should go out again tomorrow or do a run instead. With the race on Saturday and me being the runner, I know I should run. The bike, though, is so much more fun. Maybe what I should do is run then bike. That's exactly what I'm going to do.

This is exciting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky