Shut Up and Ride

Hubby bought a new bike. A really, really nice road bike. I'm so jealous I could spit. But, even with the new road bike, even with extra speeds than what my bike has, he still can't keep up with me. I chalk that up to karma.

Before we go riding together he talks smack. He's gonna show me what 20 mph looks like. He's gonna be waiting back at the truck cuz he's gonna ride so fast I'll lose sight of him. Yada-yada. Well, so far I haven't seen him pedal faster than 18 mph unless he's going downhill. And as far as waiting at the truck, that would be me waiting for him to finish the ride. None of this changed with getting a new bike.

Now he's mad and says I only ride faster and longer because I've been doing it for eight months versus his three months. I will agree I've been at it a few months longer. Stands to reason. However, I also just put in probably 75% more effort than he does. When I see a challenge, I go at it pretty hard, doing whatever it takes to meet the challenge and overcome it. Hubby really doesn't do this. He's more of a let's up the ante by 25 cents rather than 25 dollars kind of guy.

I'm okay with his approach, but I've had enough of the smack talk. I mean come on, if a brand new road bike can't back up your smack, it's time to shut the pie hole and just ride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Marigolds

Night Sky