Six Days and Counting

With the relay less than a week away, I'm beginning to wonder why I said yes to running the 5k leg of the race. I guess I felt obligated to since our friend who agreed to be the third part of the relay hadn't been swimming, biking or running regularly. I figured the bike leg would be the easiest to get ready for, and since I'm determined to conquer the 30 minute 5k, my impulse was to say I'd do it. I really am a dummy.

For the last month I've been concentrating on the run, doing speed work rather than actual 5k runs. The mental block is huge, and I'm afraid I'll let it get the best of me next week. I do feel like the speed work has helped, though. I'm pretty consistent with 2 minute 400 meters. With 30 second breaks between them, I'm able to do enough to add up to 3 miles, but I'm not so sure that counts as a 5k. I'm not sure I can actually keep the pace up for the entire time. Reason tells me I don't havet to, that if I need to slow down for a little bit to recoup I can, but the little naysayer in my head just laughs and says, "Yeah, you go ahead and believe that." Arghhhhh!

Maybe a new running outfit is what I need. That always works, doesn't it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Marigolds

Night Sky