Bumpy Roads Right Now

Back to work this week means less time to put into riding, running, being lazy. I've not worked out since Saturday's race, as I was quite tired Saturday and Sunday from the race and all the traveling. The last couple of days have been incredibly hot, the type of hot that makes you just want to lay on the floor and try to find coolness. Any desire to go outside to ride or run is quickly dampened just by opening the door and stepping out into a sauna. Five minutes is about all I can take right now.

Work is work. The good news today was my sports lit class is on the schedule for spring semester. Very exciting. I'm reading a lot of different pieces right now to decide what I want to work with. So much good sports lit is out there, making it difficult to decide what to put on the reading list. I'm definitely going to cover running, followed by biking. After that there'll be readings about football, baseball, softball, hockey, soccer, and horse racing. Most likely golf will be thrown in since I have tons of lit about golf. So many possibilites, almost too many.

So right now is a time of figuring some things out. I know once this week is over and all the many meetings are finished, once classes settle into that nicely oiled routine, once my own kids are back to their schools, things will settle down. Then I can set a clearer run/bike schedule that fits in nicely with everything else going on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Marigolds

Night Sky