Last 5k Training Day

Well, I ran what will most likely be my last training 5k this morning. I should say I ran/walked the workout since I did walk a good portion of it. Funny thing--I still managed to finish right at 30 minutes. When I did run, I could tell my pace was faster than usual. Perhaps the speed work over the last couple of weeks has paid off to some degree after all. The real test will be Saturday morning.

Thankfully the weather has cooled off some. The humidity has lessened as well, so working out this morning wasn't nearly as awful as it was the other day when I ran in the 104 heat index. Having tree-lined streets rather than an open country road was helpful, too. Much of the run was in the shade, giving me delicious coolness to enjoy along the way.

Now I'm anxiously awaiting the bike jersey I bought last week. It should arrive today, so tomorrow morning I'll be able to wear it on an easy ride. The bright pink should be a good riding color, easy for motorists to see. I've already flagged a couple more jerseys I want to purchase soon. If all goes well with the two tours in September, I'm thinking of getting a very special jersey for the ride in October. I even showed the jerseys to my hubby, hinting that all I want for Christmas is a different jersey for each day of the week.

So, workout done. Housecleaning beckons. Then some writing later this afternoon. Should be a good day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky