Sunday Ride For Eggs

Hopped on Sweetness today to ride up to the farm for eggs. I've been riding the cruiser so much that when I swung my leg over Sweetness, the feel seemed strange. I felt all gathered together. On the cruiser I sit upright, my arms are out in front of me, and my feet are a bit in front of the saddle rather than right underneath. I'm all stretched out. On Sweetness, I'm leaning over, my arms are bent and much closer to my torso, and my feet hit the pedals right beneath the saddle. Everything feels so close. Small even. It was just a strange sensation. You'd think I'd be able to switch between the bikes and not flinch over the differences.

Red Hen came over to say hello.
The ride up to the farm was good. I had a lot of help from the wind out of the southwest. The return ride was slower, the wind hitting me at an angle, but once I hit the trail the thick treeline created a nice screen. I decided to stop by the Coffeehouse for something cold and to just people watch for a bit.

Just me, the road, the corn, and the clouds. 
The clouds are just gorgeous today. Thick. The quintessential cotton
floating across the sky. The number of caterpillars crawling across the roads made me laugh. I really had to pay attention to not squish any. At one point, I watched one very quickly coming from my left, and just two or three feet beyond was one very quickly coming from my right. I was able to go right between the two. They both seemed as if they were in a great hurry, most likely hoping not to get squished by car tires (if caterpillars have the ability to hope!).

Now I'm ready to hop on the cruiser and go to Goodwill. Not really looking for anything special. Just feeling like getting out and enjoying the afternoon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky