Late Afternoon Cruise

Ado said absolutely no to the walks today. Just after noon, I took him out in hopes he would walk our usual longer route, but before we'd even made it to the house next door he was stopping and just staring at me. This is his way of saying, "Ummm, not gonna happen." So we returned to the apartment where he immediately settled onto the couch for the afternoon. I then took him out around four, and we did make it along the path by the creek, down to the road then up the hill and back to the apartment. At that point, I knew if I was going to get any exercise, I needed to jump on the bike and go.

Look at that beautiful blue!
So I did. I stayed on the trail and took the route west. This is probably the least traveled trail section. The westside here is considered undesirable (code for that's where the poor people live), so the not-poor people tend to stay away from that part of town. When I first moved here nineteen years ago, I was advised to not live on the west side. While the first apartment the kids and I lived in wasn't technically considered west side, it was on the borderline and it was in an area that the well-to-do would never set foot in. And you know what? We were just fine the year we lived there.

I've ridden the west side trail a lot. Through the projects even. I've never had an issue. My thoughts are that we all basically want the same thing -- to be seen, really seen, then treated with kindness.

Peaceful. Loving my new Nutcase helmet, too.
Once I reached the edge of town, pastures and cornfields stretching out on either side of the trail, I could feel the tension ease away. This happens just about everytime I leave the city noise behind. Note to self: try to get away for easy, cruising rides a couple times a week.

In the end, I rode just over 15 miles. I stopped a couple times along the way to take pictures. Autumn is definitely not far away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Marigolds

Night Sky