Hot and Humid -- Again

Recently I've been feeling the desire to connect with other women who cycle and blog. Or cycle and write in some capacity, not necessarily blog. Or cycle, blog/write, meditate. Or cycle, blog/write,
meditate, and practice yoga. Or cycle, blog/write, meditate, practice yoga, and are finding the simple things in life are what turns them on. Like watching the birds at the feeder. Or sitting on the deck in a hammock swing and just swaying gently. Or reading a good book. Or watching foreign tv programs. Any combination of these would be wonderful.

But I'm having a tough time finding any blogs about cycling and life in general by women. There are the big ones, like Cyclofemme, but they're more about bike advocacy than women writing about cycling and life in general. I found a list of women blogging about cycling, but again, the blogs listed are either more a group effort advocating for getting more women into cycling, what to wear while cycling, or how to cycle safely. So far I've only found one blog that offers up cycling and life in general. And that blog went a year without posting anything until just the other day. I'd be stunned if the blogger actually writes regularly. Once a year goes by without posting, it's really easy to slip into that frame of mind and let another year go by without posting.

But I'm still looking. I did find another list of cycling blogs by women, but the majority of the blogs are either defunct or the writer hasn't posted anything in three or four years, sometimes longer. If the blogger is posting, at most it's once a month. Seriously, what's up with once a month? Why bother? Granted, I know I let weeks go by at times without posting, but I get back in the groove and try to offer up something, mostly as a record for myself and maybe one day for my kids.

The hunt will continue. Sooner or later, I'll find that cycling, blogging/writing, meditating, yoga practicing, just enjoying life kind of person. I can't be the only one walking the earth.

I took advantage of having today off and went for a longer ride. I figured since the wind was out of the southwest yesterday it would be out of the southwest today. I was partly right. It was blowing out of the south. Thankfully, it wasn't blowing as hard as yesterday and I really enjoyed winding my way out to Stanford.


I sat on the railing of a favorite bridge and ate a couple of oatmeal-raisin cookies I made the other day, while watching a muskrat at the edge of the creek. It seemed to just be lazing about in the water. I didn't blame it. The heat was beginning to ramp up, which is exactly why I didn't linger very long.

I set off again, went through a very quiet Stanford, and meandered along some roads I haven't ridden in a while. When I arrived in Danvers, I stopped by the gas station/convenience store for something to drink and eat, and to just sit for a bit. I was really feeling the heat at this point -- 91 degrees and incredibly humid. I love the sweat that drips on days like this. I really do. Today, though, the heat just zapped me. I had about fourteen miles to home, so I set off and tried to enjoy the rest of the ride. Mostly I did enjoy it. Especially when I walked through the apartment door and felt the cool. A great end to a lovely ride.

Old silo along a rural road

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Marigolds

Night Sky