Random Things

My first book on loan arrived. I have a month to read it, so at 227 pages total, that's 7.5 pages a day. I think I can handle that. I read the first page on my walk from the library back to my office, so I only have 6.5 pages left for today's reading. I really enjoyed the first page, so I think the rest of the book will be a fun read.

Yesterday, Lovely Beautiful Daughter dropped by on her way to Goodwill. I tagged along as another goal I'm working on is only buying new used clothing rather than new new clothing. I've winnowed out a lot of clothes from my closet that I never wore or simply no longer liked for whatever reason, so I thought a trip to Goodwill might net me a piece or two I will enjoy wearing. I found a light peach button down with pearl snap buttons and a dark brown corduroy skirt. Both fit really well, and I can't wait to wear the skirt with the boots I bought for my Christmas present last year. The shirt and skirt came to $8. That's a deal.

This evening I enjoyed a dinner with the other Distinguished Professors from my college. Along with our new president. It's really kind of special being part of this group, and I think we have a huge responsibility to be a visible presence for the college. Several are quite outspoken and aren't afraid to speak up about anything and everything, while others are more reserved and tend to listen. I found some of the issues discussed are ones that need to be put to rest, and others need far more attention, more than just a two and a half hour dinner. The new president, though, made it clear he is open to hearing what we have to say, which is a nice change from the way things have been for the last five or six years. The next five and six years it'll be interesting to see how things develop.

To top things off today, a piece I started yesterday just flowed out of my fingertips,  the keys clicking as if I wasn't even telling my fingers what to do. That's such a wonderful feeling. And though it's just a rough draft, a crappy rough draft is better than no draft at all.

Yeah, just some fun random life things.

Comments

Thryn said…
Haven't had time to comment much the last couple of weeks, but just wanted to affirm that I'm loving the frequent insight into the Life of J as it blooms! :) K

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky