Probably Not Good For Running

Drinking, that is. I don't drink often, but when I do, my choice these days is whiskey straight up. No watering it down for me. No mixing the golden brown goodness with a cola. Just a solid shot of whiskey. I know alcohol is one of the no-no's for anyone working out, trying to be healthy, searching for that six-pack abs. But damn, whiskey is magical.

I'm quite certain I won't be saying this tomorrow during my run. I'm pretty sure I'll be cussing a blue streak, wondering what I was thinking having that extra shot of whiskey. When the company is good, when the laughter is flowing, it's hard not to say, "I'll take another one." These kinds of evenings are what life really should be about--friends, family, good times.

Happy 4th everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Marigolds

Night Sky