Not the Best Workout But a Workout Nonetheless

Back on the treadmill tonight. I know, I know--I made the promise to run only outside. I have no excuse other than I wasn't really in the mood to run, but I knew if I did it in the garage and watched TV while doing so, I'd get some kind of workout in. I ran two slow miles: 10:30 each, and I did some abs work. Definitely a junk workout.

I am liking the abs work. Now that I can actually do Russian twists with a five pound weight, with good form mind you, I can really tell how much stronger my core has become. The leg lifts, the standing Russian twists with a ten pound weight, and the plank have all become easier. I've added more sets and more reps. I'm stunned and giddy all at the same time. Even my shorts and capris are showing my middle is becoming tighter. A bit of a gap at the waistline makes getting dressed a pleasant activity.

The bad part about being in the garage is the heat. The sweat rolls like I'm sitting in a sauna. Part of me likes this, but when the heat around my face gets to the point that I feel like I'm going to pass out, that can't be a good thing. Even my feet become so hot it's just uncomfortable to keep going. Makes coming in the cool air of the house seem like heaven.

Tomorrow will be better. We're already planning on a lake ride, and I think I'll do a run right after. The hills will be a nice change from the track and the treadmill, and will help with the speed work I'm wanting to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky