Hungering for Youth

My youngest is participating in a kids' tri training program. I was a little surprised that he agreed to do this since he's mostly a computer/video games kind of kid. He rarely comes out of the boy cave, mostly just to refuel in order to return to the cave for more gaming. But he did agree, and last evening was the first evening of training. He actually ran a full mile.

While I'm ecstatic that he can do this, I'm also grinding my teeth with envy. He made it look so easy. Why can't it be that easy for me? How is it that someone who doesn't go out every single day to run can just up and dash through a mile like he's simply going to the mailbox? That whole "youth is wasted on the young" is definitely true. I want youth and I want it now. It's enough to cause a full-blown case of mid-life crisis.

I really am glad he's doing the kids' tri. It gives us something we have in common and can talk about. And we've decided we'll train together, biking and swimming. Heck, maybe we'll even run together. Maybe he's exactly what I need to get faster.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky