Keeping On Keeping On

Really nice lake ride this morning. Early, while the temps were still in the 60's and the air was still. Absolutely no wind to speak of. Perfect. A friend joined us, and for the first time in quite awhile, I actually pushed it. Our average speed was in the 16/17 area, with a high speed around 26. That's the kind of ride I'd love to do everyday.

This evening, after the sun sets, I think I'll go for a run. Having a day where it's actually possible to get to workouts in doesn't happen often, so I need to take advantage of it if I can. I'm seriously looking at a Garmin, thinking if I know my pace while I'm running, I just might find it within to ramp it up. I'm so comfortable at my current pace, and with no one pushing me, I just plod along, finding all kinds of reasons not to put a bit more effort into it. It's no wonder I'm not getting faster. Maybe, just maybe, the Garmin will be that little something that gets me motivated. Sinking that kind of money into it should be enough to make me feel guilty if I don't get a little faster.

Another area I need to keep in check is the eating. Most of the time I do okay. Breakfast is always exactly what I should be eating: egg whites, Greek yogurt, fruit. Lunch is usually okay: salad, chicken breast, fruits. I've noticed that lately, though, I've been leaning towards chips (which I actually don't even like), sandwiches, and ice cream sandwiches (hey, these help conquer the heat!). Not the best, but I don't go overboard. Dinner is where the damage is done. Hubby is on a sandwich kick: pulled pork, grilled chicken. This means bread carbs twice a day. Time to rein it in. I have a really nice garden going, and the tomatoes are just starting to ripen, the onions are perfect for salads, and the lettuce just keeps on growing. No reason not to have salads every single day.

All in all, training is going okay. Three weeks until the relay, so I still have time to get in some good workouts. The relay is going to be fun, at least that's what I keep telling myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky