All Signed Up

The plan is set. Four rides scheduled for September and October, starting with a 20 miler and ending with a century ride. The registration forms have been filled out, the checks have been written, and the envelopes have stamps affixed. There's no turning back now. Well, there is, but when I think about the money I'm paying to participate, backing out isn't an option.

With a month and a half to train, the 20 miler shouldn't be a problem. I've ridden 20 miles before. The second ride will be a 40 miler. The third will be 62 miles. I'm really banking on both of those getting me mentally prepared for the last, the 100 miler. Just thinking about doing a 100 miles on the bike makes my buns twinge with rebellion. But I'm excited, way more excited than I ever was thinking about the sprint tri or the 5k.

And today I got my new phone that I downloaded an app onto that will track my rides. I'll be able to see my time for each mile, my average speed overall, and how far I ride. It was either an upgraded phone or a Garmin; the phone was way cheaper and the app will do exactly what I need for training.

I'm ready to celebrate now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky