Two Weeks, Right?

To kick a habit. That's the general consensus for getting over the hump and moving away from whatever the habit was, right? If that's correct, the next two weeks are going to be very interesting.

Yesterday kicked off my reducing the amount of TV I watch. In being very conscious about not watching, I realized just how rote I was about turning on the TV throughout the day. First thing in the morning, as I sit down for breakfast, I turn on the TV to see the weather. If I'm cleaning house, I turn on the TV to listen to whatever. When I jump on my bike on the trainer, I turn on the TV to help pass the time. After dinner, I would settle on the couch and watch whatever Hubby was watching, sometimes spending two or three hours in one spot. Not turning on the TV all day yesterday though I did all these same things (I didn't settle on the couch after dinner--I went upstairs and read) showed me just how much time I truly spent watching and letting life pass me by. A sad state of affairs indeed.

In not watching TV yesterday, I read most of Zombie Apocalypse (still boring in sections), wrote, tried to print out some pictures on our little printer and had an epic failure with that, created a very tasty roasted chicken with garlic mashed potatoes and tossed salad dinner, cleaned, read several blogs, spent 30 minutes on the trainer, stretched, and re-read some of Uncomfortable with Uncertainty by Pema Chodron. That's a pretty good day. I won't be able to do these things everyday once I return to work next week, but I should be able to do much of this if the TV stays off.

Since I'm almost finished with Zombie Apocalypse, I'm wondering what my next book should be. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Writing With Light