Dinner In Day Seven

On a cold, winter evening, a hot bowl of chicken and dumplings just seemed right. And it was. Not only did the chicken and dumplings turn out delicious, but it was also really inexpensive. The chicken was free as it was the second in a buy one get one free. Given that the veggies and dumplings were negligible in cost, I'm guestimating the cost per bowl at around $1. The only drawback was the chicken wasn't pastured. I've finally found a local farming family who sells pastured chicken, so I'm going to start buying from them. That will definitely make the overall cost go up, but my peace of mind in what I'm preparing for my family is worth every penny spent on good, quality chicken.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Writing With Light