Dinner In Day Three

Salisbury Steak, Garlic Mashed Taters, Tossed Salad, and Homemade Bread
As I stood at the meat cooler, trying to find the grass-fed ground beef (which there was none of), Hubby goes into his shocked mode that he does when I want to buy the more expensive options. Yes, grass-fed beef is $6.99 a pound where the grain fed, pumped full of antibiotics, standing knee deep in mud and feces along with hundreds of other cattle crowded in a feed lot beef is $1.99 a pound. I'll buy the grass-fed all day, every day. Unfortunately, the store was out. I had to settle for the next best option: "all natural," whatever that means. It was $5.99 a pound.

That "all natural" ground beef became our Salisbury steak tonight. It, along with the leftovers, brought tonight's dinner cost to around $15.00 (not including the red wine I used for the sauce--but again, I only used part of it for the meal; some I drank while cooking, which is why my math is fuzzy at best right now, and there is still some left over for another meal or another drink. I vote for the latter.). With three of us eating tonight since Funny Delightful Son went out with friends, the cost per person ended up being approximately $5. Not bad. When I compare this to the $50 we usually pay when we eat out, I just want to bang my head against the wall for taking so long to say no more.

Like last night, this meal was delicious. There is simply no comparing to fast food burgers, fried chicken, or tacos. Much more satisfying all the way around. Now, if I could just had a maid to clean the kitchen, everything would be perfect.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky