Melancholy

Sometimes things happen that just make me sink into a sadness I have a difficult time climbing out of. This morning a situation occurred with my hubbie that sent me spiralling downward. This evening, I'm still there. The tears threaten to spill, and I have to put a lot of effort into not succumbing to them. All this effort has worn me out, making me want to go to bed early, pulling the covers up over my head. I just want to hide.

When this kind of sadness hits me, it's usually brought about by being terribly disappointed by someone I love dearly. I try so hard not to disappoint those I love, so when I'm the one who is on the receiving end of being disappointed, I take it really hard. And I know the disappointment diminishes the love I feel for that person just a teeny-tiny bit.

I've often thought I need a punching bag to help me deal with times like this. When I feel the sadness overwhelming me, I can put on the gloves and start punching away, beating the sadness into submission. Though I've already worked out once today, maybe another round on the treadmill will help ease the melancholy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky