Already Thinking About Gardening

Though it's much too early to really be planting anything, I can't help but think about the coming warmth of spring and being able to put out my small garden. My spirit lives in the country, and sometimes the pull to up and run to the land overwhelms me. I know I'm living in the wrong house. I just can't convince my husband of this.

I can do small gardening around this house, mostly container gardening. The problem with trying to garden here is the trees. Two trees in the yard block out the sunlight for most of the day. Most veggies need more hours of sunlight than what we get. I've asked that the trees be cut down. I've demanded that the trees be cut down. Always, always the answer is no.

Since I can't have what I want, I'm going to have to be creative and devise a container system that will allow me to grow more in less space. I already have some planter boxes, but they're way to deep. The planning was all wrong at the time; it was sort of a whim to build them. Some leftover building materials were stacked against the wall in the garage, so we created boxes, not really thinking about depth. Those will have to be reworked.

Thinking about the coming planting is comforting though I do get sad that I have to do it around the wrong house. I just have to keep hoping that one day, my physical body and my spirit will meet and be at the right house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky