Workout Woes

This semester I have my Tuesday and Thursday mornings free. I've always taught in the morning then worked in my office until time to pick up kids from school, but now, since my hubby is laid off, my daughter catches a ride with a friend, my middle son walks home, and hubby can pick up the youngest, I switced my schedule to office in the morning and teaching in the afternoon. Already I'm liking this as I get so much more done. Before, when I was finished teaching, I always felt like I was finished for the day. I would do some work, but more often than not I just didn't complete all that I should have completed. After only two days, I'm seeing a huge difference in what I get done just by doing office work in the morning.

So this morning, since I don't have to go in until noon, I went to the gym to run and cycle. After being away for a couple of days because of this chest cold, the coughing, and the fatigue, I found running to be difficult. I finished two miles, but I felt like I had run ten (I've never actually run ten miles, but I'm sure the way I felt would be exactly what it would be like if I had). I decided to go over and cycle for fifteen minutes, and even that was a chore. I had to stop a couple of times just to gather myself together and continue on. Being sick has really done a number on my endurance. My mini-tri parnter is sick right now, too, so I'm sure she's going to go through the same thing. I just keep thinking I'm glad I got sick now--maybe this means I will be well for the rest of the training period and through the mini-tri.

The pool has been calling my name, but I've been ignoring it. With my cough the way it is, I'm afraid to get in the water and try to swim laps. I don't know if I should be afraid of this, but my gut is saying don't listen to the pool. For the first time in my life, I'm going to go with what my gut is telling me.

Things could be worse. I could have an injury preventing me from training all the way around, so I'm trying to walk on the sunny side of the street. In a week, I'm sure I'll be back to my usual workout level.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky