No Run, No Swim, No Bike

Due to a major head cold, the training has been put on hold for the last two days. I finally broke down and took a cold med this evening when I couldn't take the pounding headache any longer. I try to avoid taking anything when I'm not feeling well, but when the aching causes my stomach to become upset, that's when I cave. I've never been diagnosed as having migraines, but sometimes I get these headaches that make me feel like I've been in a smack-down. I can tell when they're coming on, so I head them off by taking an over-the-counter as I loathe the upset stomach. The last three days it's mostly been the scratchy throat, the sneezing, and a bit of a cough, so I was just riding it out, but today the headache took over. Ughhhhh.

To help pass the time this weekend, I searched for a training schedule for a sprint tri. I found several. I hadn't given strength training much thought, but most of the schedules have weight workouts built into them. Looking at the training schedules, they're very doable, so hopefully by April I'll actually be able to meet my goals for the sprint tri.

With me training for this event, I may be a little hyper-sensitive about the foods brought into the house, and this hyper-sensitivity may be affecting my relationship with my husband. He has no use for eating healthfully. He eats anything and everything and it shows. He admits he eats terribly and this is negatively affecting his health, but he continues to fill his body with these bad foods. Someone please help me understand this. Why, if one understands that what one is doing is harmful, does one continue to do the harmful behavior? My husband hates it when I say, "I don't get it" because I say this when we have discussions about personal behaviors and the choices people make. He says I have no compassion. I say it's about making excuses. Some years ago, during a discussion about these same issues, someone helped me understand it a bit better. While I don't remember exactly who it was who told me this, I remember what was said and believe it wholeheartedly. What was said went something like this: it's simple to make the choice to do what is easy. Doing what takes more thought, more effort, maybe even more pain is much more difficult. Lots of people will take the easier route.

I'm sure the next couple of months around here will be rough since the food battle is ramping up. Hopefully, we'll be able to come to a compromise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky