Wiling Away the Weekend

Lovely Beautiful Daughter took me to my first beer tasting yesterday. For nearly two hours, she and I enjoyed local brew and talked. This was just one moment from this past year that I will treasure for a very, very long time.

When we arrived back home, we set to work creating our Cinco de Mayo feast. Steak tacos, fish tacos, and tres leches cake. Guacamole and chips. Mexican beer. I found myself feeling completely stuffed when it was all said and done. As I started cleaning up, Lovely Beautiful Daughter looked out the kitchen window and said, "What? It's dark? There goes hippy horseshoes!" She'd set up the yard game while grilling the steak, but time got away from us as we sat at the table, eating, laughing, and talking about anything and everything.

Today I took three nice walks to try and negate all the comida deliciosa I ate yesterday. This whole weekend turned out absolutely perfect, from the weather, to the food, to the company. I want these kinds of days all the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky