Hodgepodge Wednesday

I harvested all the herbs from the garden today, went to the store and bought a five-tray dehydrator, then dried thyme this evening. With the thyme in the jar, the cranberries seemed like a good next food to try, so they are now basking in the dry heat of the dehydrator. Hopefully by tomorrow morning, the berries will be ready and the sage can take its turn. Watching the foods dry is kind of fun, a science project happening right before my eyes.

Boy, am I simple or what!? Watching herbs and berries dry . . .. I need to get out more.

I did get out for a three mile run, well, out to the garage anyway. With the shorter daylight hours these days I just can't fit in rides except for on the weekends. I already miss my bike. I was trying to ride to work as much as possible, but since I don't have lights yet, I'm playing it safe. Once the lights arrive, I'm going to start riding again. We used lights on the bikes when we were in Key West, and the way the lights made the bikes stand out in the darkness was amazing. A reflective vest would probably be a good choice, too. I've read a couple of articles lately about cyclists getting hit while riding in darkness, and I don't want to end up another statistic.

I also signed up for a sprint tri. It isn't until May 1, 2011, but it's a really popular sprint tri that fills up fast. It was my first event back in April of this year, and I did horrible with the swim. I got stuck behind some slower swimmers and couldn't get around them. I actually had to walk part of the swim just to keep moving forward. Not cool. I'm determined to improve my swim and my overall finish time, so this winter is now my winter of swimming. I just have to find a pool to swim in. Looks like I'll have to break down and get a gym membership.

For now I'm going to take a deep breath, breathe in the aroma of thyme that is still filling the house. I'll worry about the swimming later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Writing With Light