But I Like My Logic

The Jingle Bell Run is Sunday. I haven't run for over a week. This just might be a recipe for disaster. On the other hand, it might work out that I PR this 5k. My logic is I'll be really, really fresh for this run and will be able to go at a faster pace, or is that simply bad logic?

I haven't run because I haven't been feeling the desire to. Not that I ever did in the first place--I mostly did it to be able to get through the du's and the tri's with a decent showing. I don't run just to run like so many others do. Running doesn't turn me on like that.

And to torture myself even further because I can't seem to get enough of it, I signed up for the sprint tri in May 2011. I dislike the swim about as much as I dislike the run, so why in the world do I keep doing this to myself? The answer is I hated how I performed with the swim portion of the sprint tri I completed, and I'm determined to do better the next go round. I'm definitely in better shape now and should be able to do much better the next time I compete, and I'm kind of curious to see exactly how I do. So basically the formula is disappointment + better shape + curiosity = torture.

This Sunday, I will try to beat my time from last year's Jingle Bell run. I should be able to do it since I already have three times since. But I'm not going to say it's a done deal as I'm afraid my not-running logic is most definitely flawed thinking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky