Agitated Anticipation

I've a new lover in my bedroom. My beautiful new bike leans against the wall on my side of the bed. Hubby even carried it up for me, set it against the wall. It's awesomeness amazes me and I just want to sit on the bed and stare at it. For awhile this afternoon, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it to the bike shop before it closed. A couple of wayward students didn't follow the directions given to them two weeks ago and weren't ready to turn in the portfolio when they were supposed to. Rather than draw the line in the sand and say I'm sorry but you didn't follow the directions, I allowed these students to take the time to finish up what needed to be completed. So I sat there, watching the minutes tick by, growing more and more annoyed as the afternoon wore on. I've not experienced that degree of agitated anticipation in quite some time.

This weekend is looking favorable for a ride, and at this point I don't care what the temp is. As long as it's not torrential rains like it is today, I'll be out. And while I keep saying (right now) the ride will be an easy one, no need to go for speed, I'm curious to see just how this bike will handle. The thinking is the better the components that make up the whole, the less effort is needed on the rider's part to make the bike perform. I was assured the components of my beautiful, new bike are such that I will experience a noticeable difference in the effort I have to exert to achieve what I was able to on my old bike. More agitated anticipation is developing just thinking about this, and I'm pretty sure by Friday, I'm going to be climbing the walls, wanting to get out and see if this theory is true.

Until then, I'm just going to sit on my bed and admire my new bike.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky