Second Rainy Day: No-Go

Woke up this morning to a downpour. I knew the forecast called for rain, so last evening I searched for the hooded poncho I have somewhere around here. Couldn't find it, so this morning I caved and drove to work, feeling guilty all the way. It had actually stopped raining before I left to drop the boys off at their school. For a few minutes I entertained the idea of returning home to grab the bike, but the sky looked like it could open up any second. I decided to drive on to work.

I knew there'd be times I'd not ride my bike. That's just a reality of life. I do have other options which need me looking into how to actually make them a part of my travel plans. I just need to follow through to fit these into my life.

Driving this morning did help me relax a little about trying to go no car completely. I figure each day I don't use the car is a good start, and if I can string days together, going three or four days of biking or walking, that's not bad. Eventually, I'll start seeing how these three, four, maybe even five days will make a significant difference in what we usually pay for gas, and perhaps my health, as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Writing With Light