40 Miles of Smiles . . .

stayed plastered on my face as well as on everyone else's who was riding today. Just a great day for a ride--cool, sunny, a slight breeze, a few rolling hills. At the end, brats and beer awaited us, along with chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, pumpkin cookies, and lots of other cookies. Sitting in the beach house, watching all the other riders laughing and talking about their adventures on the routes made me so glad I decided to do more with cycling.

My next ride is a week from today, Sunday the 19th, and my goal is to complete a metric century. I think I can do 62 after feeling really good today after 40. I thought I might be more fatigued. Maybe it'll actually hit me tomorrow sometime, so I guess I should hold off on saying exactly how I'm feeling. Right now, all's good. Tomorrow may be a totally different story.

The biggest funny from today is me and Hubby passing each other like ships in the dark. Hubby did the 25 mile route. After getting back, he decided to go backwards on the 40 mile route to meet up with me so we could ride in together. Only problem was he went the wrong way initially and by the time he figured this out I had already finished and was at the beach house looking for him. He didn't see that I had put my bike in the truck, so he went on, thinking he would meet up with me. After waiting an hour, I finally called him (I forgot my cell phone and had to find someone who didn't mind me using theirs), asking him where he was. He was five miles out. Twenty minutes later he showed up, out of breath and drenched in sweat.

We're both looking forward to next Sunday. Hopefully I won't forget my cell, and hopefully Hubby will take the right route if he decides to meet up with me to finish the ride together. Even if each of us goofs up somehow, we'll be laughing and smiling all the way home, and that's the best thing about cycling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky