Continued Discombobulation

My youngest is still complaining of pain on the left side of his torso, at times clutching at it and crying while screaming about the pain. The tears stream down his face, and I feel helpless. I have no idea what to do since we took him to the ER then to the pediatrician, both of whom said they had no clue what is going on. Perfect. This means I hold him tightly against me when the pain becomes so much that he can't sit, can't focus, can't keep himself from having a panic attack. This means I rub his back to try and calm him. This means I sit against piled up pillows through the night, with him backed up against me since this is the only relief he seems to get that allows him to sleep. I don't sleep. And now I'm tired.

Today he seems better. I bought several different muscle heat treatments for him to try. Once seems to be doing the trick. It along with some pain reliever every eight hours seem to be giving him enough relief that he can function. Though I have work backed up, I decided to get some sleep, try to catch up some so I can function a bit better. I think I'm gaining ground. The stack of papers on my desk, though, is daunting and I'm now avoiding it.

Tomorrow is a 40 miler I've been looking forward to for several months; well, I was until the past few days. I'm going to go ahead and ride, and it will be fun since Hubby will be with me this time, but I just keep thinking about the work I need to get to (and am avoiding even now by writing this). A part of me just keeps saying "relax--it always gets done no matter what." And it does.

Now I'm going to pick five papers off the stack and begin reading/responding. When I finish with those, I'll do five more. Then five more. Then . . ..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky