Finished 50

Thumbs way up for the ride today though I didn't complete 60 like I'd wanted to. Hubby was with me, and he agreed to do the 50 if I rode with him the entire way. I couldn't say no. This is the longest ride he's ever done by far, so as long as he was willing, I was willing to cut mine short by 10 miles. I have a 60 miler in two weeks, so I still have the opportunity not too far away.

We kept a pretty good pace on the ride out, maintaining a 15.5. That, too, is quite a bit faster than Hubby is used to doing. He is more the pedal, coast, pedal, coast kind of guy, so he had to pedal a lot more today to keep up. On the ride in, our pace slowed quite a bit due to the wind. Most of the time it came from the side, but for five miles near the end of the ride, it was head on. We slowed to around 13 mph during those miles, with Hubby tucked in behind me to get a breather from having to pedal so hard. For most of the ride I wouldn't let him tuck in to draft. I get tired of him taking the easy way out, like he is known to do when we ride during the week.

The bike envy definitely reared its ugly head today. Seemed like everyone but me had a beautiful road bike with the aerobars and all the gadgets. Riding on these bikes seems so effortless. I'm wondering if aerobars on my bike will just look silly. I so want to give them a go and see what it really feels like to be crouched down, cruising along. And my chain started making an ugly squeaking noise which got louder the longer we went. I just might milk this one, use it as a way to get a new and better road bike.

So, 50 is down in the books. Now I think it's time for a nap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Marigolds

Night Sky