Juicing Weekend

I found out immediately how difficult it was going to be to do a juice fast all weekend. Almost as soon as I posted about doing this, my husband walked in and said, "Hey, let's go to lunch." I told him I needed to go somewhere that offered juices (which is everywhere, but the juices are full of sugar--not a good way to go). So I compromised and had a salad as well as an orange juice that I asked be half juice half water. The server sort of smiled at this but made sure to let me know she did follow my directions. She even asked if I'd like a second one free of charge since I only had half the normal glass of juice in the first place. That was quite nice of her. I declined the offer. I figured only half the sugar was all I needed.

Friday evening, we had the pizza party for the boys' basketball team. What to do? I had a piece of pizza. There was nothing else I could do. I could have not eaten, I guess. Or I could have thought ahead and made a juice to take with me. I'm new at this, so I'm still trying to figure these things out. I did go out and buy a nice little bottle to put my juices in to take to work, so maybe I can juice for nights like pizza parties.

Saturday was better. I knew I was going to have to compromise the all-day juicing since Hubby bought a heart-shaped steak for Valentine's dinner. I juiced for breakfast and lunch and the in-between snacks, so I didn't feel too bad about eating a small piece of steak and a baked potato. In fact, I kind of like the juicing for two meals and snacks then having a regular meal. I did that today and believe this might be a system that will work well for me. I had a half a sandwich for lunch while I juiced for breakfast and dinner. Overall, I've felt satisfied all weekend. I also feel light, like I've not overeaten in any way or eaten things that are not good for me. I've alternated the fruit juicing with the vegetable juicing, so hopefully I'm getting a good balance of nutrients.

Weigh-in day is Tuesday. I will admit I'll be a bit disappointed if the juicing doesn't take off a couple of pounds, but I guess I'll just have to stay with it. Like the old saying goes, Rome wasn't built in a day, and Lord knows these 20 pounds weren't put on in only three days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Writing With Light