Ahhhh, Friday

My work schedule this semester is really nice. I don't teach on Mondays and I don't teach on Fridays. But Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are busy, busy, busy. By Thursday afternoon, I'm ready to flop on the couch and not move until Burn Notice is over. I can't really do that since I have three kids, a husband and a dog to take care of, but I can dream of flopping and not moving. Makes for a wonderful dream.

This evening I've vowed to do my P90X workout from 8-9 then write for awhile. I started P90X the first week of January, thinking I wouldn't be able to do any of the workouts, but I've actually done pretty well. The first workout kicked my butt, no doubt about it, but last night, doing that same workout, I noticed I can do most of it now. Only one part still gets to me--the superman/banana minute. I can't keep my lower back on the floor yet, so the strain makes my lower back really sore. I do as much as I can, though, and I can tell I've improved. Even my clothes are telling me things are changing for the better. It's nice to be able to wear all my clothes with a little room now. Tonight will be the second night of week 5, so I'm doing a workout I haven't done yet. I'm curious to see how it goes. I'm hoping these next three weeks show even more weight loss and roomy clothes. Another perk that comes with toning up--my husband loves the way I look. That makes me feel really good.

My husband and I had a long lunch together today. As I sat across from him, I thought how good my life is right now, and how afraid I am that it all could go away in the blink of an eye. My husband is so good to me; I'm a very lucky woman to have a man who thinks the world of me the way he does. He's not my first husband nor the father of my children. He is, however, the man I was always hoping to meet and fall in love with. And with the kids, he has from day one always looked at them as his. The kids know without a doubt that he loves them and will do whatever is needed to keep them safe. Each night, when I snuggle against him, I give thanks for being so blessed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Marigolds

Night Sky