Pursuing A Lifestyle Change

Is it wrong to use vegan mayo on a turkey sandwich? The mayo tasted like the real thing, what I've been eating for years, and I thought if most things vegan tasted this good, I just might give veganism a try. I see this lifestyle change as the next step in the journey towards the kind of life I truly want to live, but going all out vegan is a huge change. I was vegetarian about ten years ago, for about two years, then fell off the vegetarian wagon for a variety of reasons, none of which were really good reasons. I don't eat a lot of meat now, and haven't over the years, but I do enjoy a juicy burger every now and then. Giving up the burgers has been the toughest thing to do. The more I think about the kind of life I want to live, though, the more I think the burgers have to go once and for all.

To get me started on this next step of lifestyle change, I went shopping today to purchase food items that meet the vegan standards. With four other people in the house that I need to consider when creating meals, it can be expensive buying for them and for me. I figured I'm just going to have to put aside a little bit of money each week just for me if I'm going to make this work. To get me started, I bought some rice cheese, some vegan cream cheese, and some vegan margarine. Oh, and the vegan mayo. With these items, I can have cheese sandwiches, bagels with cream cheese, and toast with vegan margarine. I already have quite a bit of organic foods to add in with these items, giving me other options for this weeks' breakfasts and lunches.

The dinners are going to be more difficult. Way more difficult. With three others who want meat, I'm going to have to work out a way to meet their needs as well as mine. Beautiful Daughter doesn't eat a lot of meat, so she'll probably fall into step with me. The three guys, well, they like all things meat. I'm beginning to think my journey could get a little rocky before it gets smooth.

A couple of other products I bought today included cosmetics. For awhile now I've had a problem with wearing eyeshadow. My one eyelid develops an itchy rash that becomes inflamed. My eyelid looks horrible. For the past month I've been desperately trying to get the rash to go away. It's starting to, but it's been incredibly stubborn. I finally tried the cream my son uses for his eczema, and the rash has lessened, is beginning to fade. The relief from the itch alone is heavenly. So I bought mineral cosmetics to see how my skin reacts. I'm really hoping the expense is worth it.

My crawling into vegetarianism/veganism might last for awhile, but I figure teeny-tiny steps are better than trying to do too much at once, so I'm inclined to say using vegan mayo on a turkey sandwich is okay for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky