Off to Key West

My job affords me opportunities every now and then. The opportunity offered to me back in April was a trip to Key West, all expenses paid, to participate in a symposium on composition handbooks. Tomorrow I leave early in the morning, heading towards the tropical depression brought on by Hurricane Paula. I'm okay with that. It's Key West.

Though I won't have a lot of down time, I do hope to get to the fitness facility to ride a bike or run. I'm not going to worry about it, though. If I don't get the time, I don't. The world isn't going to stop going round because I can't get a workout in.

And this is how I'm trying to approach all areas of my life. For the past few weeks I've been making a conscious effort to live and let live. Whenever a mean thought enters my mind about whatever I'm dealing with at any given moment, I stop and take a deep breath, ask the negative thoughts to be still, then tell them to go away. I stop a lot each day! I face negative thoughts a lot each day! Hopefully, if I keep at it, I'll find myself not having to stop so much.

This trip to Key West is exactly what I need in my journey to positivity. While I had dreamed of sun and relaxation on the beach, it looks like the rains will be there. I could get all worked up about this, but I'm not going to. It's Key West. Key lime pie. Hemingway. Margaritaville. It'll be good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky