Not Lovin' Inside Biking

The first day back inside for a bike workout after being outside since April. Not lovin' it at all. The first strike is the bike I have to ride isn't mine, doesn't fit me, and the seat hurts. The second strike is the time just seems to drag. I thought watching a movie, 30 Days of Night: Dark Days, would help the time pass, but I couldn't hear most of it because of the noise the tire creates as it turns. The third strike is there's no wind blowing through my hair as I race down hills at 26 mph. Absolutely no fun to be had riding inside.

But it's riding nonetheless, so I'll do it. The movie watching definitely helps, but I am going to have to figure something out with the sound. I was really looking forward to watching the sequel to 30 Days of Night as I'm a real fan of the series and have read most of the books, so it was a bit disappointing to just get bits and pieces of the dialogue. Maybe this is a case for putting in a nicer TV and surround sound. Might seem a little over the top for the garage, but if it'll keep me in the saddle for an hour and a half or so everyday, then I'll do it.

The interesting thing about Dark Days was how I didn't find it near as scary/bothersome as I did 30 Days of Night. I enjoyed the sequel, at least what I could hear of it, but it just didn't have that tension, that emotional factor working like 30 Days did, or even the book for that matter. The opening is one of the better scenes in the whole movie. If the whole movie had kept with how it began, it would have been better all the way around. Ah well, it did keep me on the bike, which was the whole reason for renting it in the first place, so I can give it three of five stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky