Swim Day Tomorrow

Tomorrow is the beginning of the mini-tri training. Swimming. I've always been a strong swimmer, so I'm hoping this is the area where I can do well since I have a tough time with the running. I've been running three to four miles most days of the week, but I just cannot get myself to increase the pace. Twelve-minute miles seem to suit me just fine. Maybe with the swimming and the biking I'll see a change in the running. Maybe.

I've been training alone for most of the year. My husband started out with me, both of us working out, keeping track of what we ate, weighing in each Friday, and recording everything for the first 90 days of this year. When the 90 days ended, he stopped. He was doing so well, but now it's like he doesn't even care. He eats what seems like is constantly. He hasn't worked out or walked for months. The progress he made those 90 days is gone, and I'm incredibly disappointed that he has allowed himself to totally negate all the positive he accomplished. I just don't understand. Tomorrow I'll have a new training partner, a colleague who seems just as interested in being healthy as I am. This will be good for me. I think having someone there to push me is exactly what I need.

In any case, I'm going to do what I can to train for and complete the mini-tri. I see this as an opportunity to really push myself, see just what I can do. Now that I've been very mindful of what goes into my body for almost a year, I've found I just do not find food to be all that important. I do eat, but nothing tugs at me like it used to when I followed my husband's lead and ate whatever. I no longer eat fast foods. I no longer eat candy. I eat lots of fruits and veggies, sometimes juicing these in different combinations. With the addition of swimming and biking to the running, this combination just might be what I need to tone up even further.

To help motivate me, I've created a ticker to keep track of my swimming workouts. I hope to swim at least 400 meters each workout.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky