Sore Bum

The bike was brutal today. I had been using the recumbant bike until today. The seat on each, to say the least, is as different as sandpaper and cotton. My bum has been speaking to me ever since, and what it's been saying isn't fit for my mother to hear. How do cyclists do it? Do they wear padded shorts? I'm going to have to figure something out in order to get through the bike training.

The swim yesterday went well. I did the 400 meters like I would for the mini-tri, only taking very short breaks at the end of each lap. I was able to finish the 400 in fifteen minutes. I'd say that's not too shabby. My goal is to get down to ten minutes. That might be a bit lofty, and I'll settle for twelve or thirteen minutes, but I do think I can shave off quite a bit of time by not stopping at the end of each lap. After doing the initial 400 meters, I used a paddle board and did another 400 meters. At about the 300 meters mark, fatigue set in on my left side, making me vere to the left since the right side was doing all the work. This morning both sides from armpit to hip were sore. I found out I need to do some core work.

This whole training thing has been really good for me. The whole self-confidence thing is something I've always had a problem with. I've never felt comfortable walking into a gym or a pool and working out. I've always felt like others will look at me and wonder why the heck I'm even there. I've had somewhat of a breakthrough on this--no one is watching me. No one cares. They all are focused on themselves. I was the only one who cared. Now I'm focusing on myself and what I want to finish. So far, I've been able to finish each goal I've set for my workouts.

Tomorrow is running. My goal: finish under 35 minutes. Maybe the running will work out the soreness in the bum.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Writing With Light