A Christmas I'll Definitely Remember

All the Christmas paraphernalia is tucked away for another year. I figured since it's all been up since Thanksgiving, it could all be taken down today. So it's down. Boxed up. Stored away.

Ado tearing into one of his gifts!
All morning I smiled as I worked. Yesterday with the kids was so much fun. The most ridiculous gift award goes to Funny Delightful Son. He very proudly handed me a small, heavy box as the first gift to open. I tore away the paper and looked inside. A shiny silver shut-off valve slipped into the palm of my hand. I raised my eyebrows, saying, "Thanks?" He just laughed. A few more gifts were opened around our circle. Lovely Beautiful Daughter squealing over the canvas tennis shoes I got her, and Angel Baby admiring the playmat for his new card game. Then FDS handed me another bigger box. I pulled the paper off and read the word Bidet. At that point the shut-off valve made sense.

Ado with what was inside the box!
I'm not sure who laughed most over this gift. And the laughter continued while FDS installed the bidet, called us in to witness the jet stream of water shooting across the bathroom, and tested the bidet to make sure it was properly positioned for one's bum. Later in the evening, after he had left to return to his apartment, he texted to ask if I'd been able to test the bidet. I hadn't, but I assured him I would definitely let him know when I did.

After opening gifts, we gathered in the kitchen to prepare chicken tacos, guacamole, queso, shrimp tacos, and brownies. We kept it simple, not wanting to do the typical turkey, dressing, and mashed potatoes like we've always done. The change-up was perfect, and it didn't take but a few minutes to clean the kitchen once we'd finished.

We've found we tend to get each other one "I really want that" type of gift, and everything that follows is just for fun. None of us are too keen on spending a lot of money during the holiday season, so the fun gifts are things like silly socks, Gatorade, Doritos, and other things that we know the receiver would truly enjoy. When Funny Delightful Son opened his gift of rice, tuna, mac 'n cheese, and peach rings, he rubbed his hands together, saying, "Awesome! I'll be able to eat for the entire semester on this!"

So, here's to a wonderful, fun, laughter-filled Christmas. A truly perfect way to end the year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky