Getting Things Done

Today was the first day I've been able to really sit at my desk and write. And research. And upload the photos from my camera. And transfer the video clips from my GoPro. And even submit two poems to a literary magazine. Being this productive feels really good.

To start my day, I made lemon blueberry scones with lemon glaze. While I'm mostly a gluten and grain-free eater, I do like scones. Scratch that. I LOVE scones. Those I will allow myself to eat. Being able to move around a kitchen and bake or cook has been one of the delightful things about being home. Eating refried beans smeared on a tortilla, topped with goat cheese and salsa verde, got pretty old after a month of it. Presently, I'm waiting for the pizza dough I made just a bit ago to rise. While I won't eat the crust, I thought it'd be fun to make homemade pizza for dinner. I've not done that in a very long time.

As I wait, I decided to look through the nearly 2000 photos from my camera. These include all the photos from last summer's Northern Tier ride, and actually, they make up the bulk of the photos. I never transferred them to my computer. I figured today was as good a time to do so as any. So many memories emerge when I look at the photos.

Birds bathing in a pool left by high tide.

Cactus to be harvested and sent to Mexican restaurants.

One of the many vineyards I passed.

Lettuce!

The trail I walked at Costanoa to get to the beach. This is where I found a beautiful tiny sand dollar.


Sunset at Carlsbad.

Strawberries. I'm conflicted about buying strawberries now, after watching the workers pick.

Sunset at Costanoa.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Writing With Light