Back Home

Just over a week ago, I decided to forego the Southern Tier ride in favor of returning home. I absolutely loved cycling the Pacific coast with the waves crashing against the rocky shoreline, but I wasn't getting as much writing done as I had hoped. I knew going on to the Southern Tier, especially in the role of route leader, would mean even less time to put into the writing, so after long, careful thought, I bowed out.

When I made the final decision, I knew without a doubt it was the right decision.

Now I am back home. And I've not stopped smiling since seeing Funny Delightful Son sitting in the waiting area of the airport, looking up at me with a smile on his own face as I descended the stairs after getting off the plane.

I thought Ado might be mad at me for leaving him for a month, but when I walked up the sidewalk and spoke to him, he put his ears back, wagged his tail, then came to me. He jumped up, putting his paws on my shoulders and nuzzled my face. He returned to all four's, pressing against my legs while wagging his tail and looking up at me, clearly very happy to see me. He ran to the deck, up the steps, then turned as I stood at the bottom of the steps and stretched out to lick my face. He hasn't been far from my side since I returned.

Long, tight hugs from Lovely Beautiful Daughter and Angel Baby told me they, too, are happy I'm home.

While Washington, Oregon, and California are beautiful, home is where the love that sustains me resides.

Moon over the ocean the last morning of cycling the Pacific coast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Night Sky