My Latest Obsession

Bracelets from recycled bicycle chain links and valve lock nuts. Each one is unique. I've started adding charms to the ends and am working on the knots. With each bracelet, I'm getting more efficient and the end product is getting better. A very relaxing activity.
 
The black and gray is the very first one I made. Lots of imperfections in it, but I like it and think it looks pretty good on my wrist.
  
The orange and blue is the second one I made. This is the one I added the valve lock nuts to. I'm not a real fan of the colors, but again, I like the way it looks on my wrist.
This is my favorite so far. This is for a friend whose daughter attends the University of Kentucky. She's also a cyclist, so she gets the whole chain link, valve lock nut thing.

I've also made two pink with purple and one black with yellow. The pink and purple just aren't turning out for some reason, and I think it's because the purple string is much thinner than the other strings in the bag. The whole learning process has been fun, and thanks to one of the local bike shops, I have enough links and valve lock nuts to do quite a few more.

Comments

Cathy said…
Funny...I don't cycle much, but I still kinda want one of these :) They look very cool!!!

JK said…
I'd love to make you one. Color preferences?
Cathy said…
Wow, thanks! Nothing to bright--I prefer earth tones...or just black :)

Popular posts from this blog

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Marigolds

Night Sky