From Idea to Reality

You know how a great idea occurs to you at the last minute? And it's one of those sit straight up in bed in the middle of the night ideas that won't leave you alone until you do something about it? That's what happened to me with the jersey I suddenly decided I had to create for the BTUSFMS ride this summer. I knew without even hesitating what I wanted to have on the front: a large sunflower. Mom loved sunflowers. I'm no artist, though, so even though a sunflower isn't all that difficult to create, I knew I wasn't going to capture what was bouncing around in my head. I do have, however, a beautiful artist friend who has been my friend since the fourth grade. I knew Connie would understand what I wanted and be able to design the idea I put in front of her. In a matter of just a couple of days, she had the design ready. She even got in touch with the company creating the jersey and spoke to the point person there to make sure the design happened just as I envisioned it. Today, I received the pre-production design for approval. I so approve.


Though the jersey won't be ready for the day we leave from Yorktown, I'll get it not long after we start out. As long as I get to wear it one day of the ride, I'll be happy.

Comments

That's a lovely jersey. You may want to make provision for selling them along the way for your cause, I imagine others may want one too.
JK said…
Thank you. I hadn't even thought about selling them as a fundraiser. What a great idea.

Popular posts from this blog

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Marigolds

Night Sky