Walking Around in a Daze

Today my boys and I went to lunch at my most favorite place of all--Denny's. Just love Denny's. They often send me coupons for 20% off my bills, so yes, I love Denny's. After we had ordered, Hubby looked at me and asked, "Have you checked your Bike the US for MS profile today?" (Yes, if this sounds familiar, it should. He asked me the same thing yesterday.) I shook my head no as I made a promise to myself that I would only check it once a day from now on, later in the evening. He turned his phone towards me so I could see the screen. My total had jumped again, to $2356, putting me at 62% of goal. Another dream donation had been made, this one by a dear, dear friend. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Dear Friend.

Yesterday's dream donation put me into a daze state. I went to the cupboard to get a glass for some chocolate milk. I pulled out a bowl and started pouring. When about a quarter of a cup pooled in the bottom, it struck me that I had a bowl instead of a glass. I laughed as I opened the cupboard again to get a glass. Hubby shook his head, asking where my mind was. All afternoon, the only thing I could think about was the dream donation. I forgot to send an update email to some colleagues because my mind was so caught up in thinking about the generosity of the people in my life. And now, with another dream donation having been made, I'm finding it difficult to concentrate during conversations. I see the other person's lips moving, but my mind is in the clouds, thinking about how incredibly giving my family, friends, and acquaintances are.

After lunch, we went bowling. I knew I needed to be present there, for the boys and to really have fun. I concentrated on them and focused on enjoying the time out. And I had tons of fun. Hubby and I made a bet, each of us saying what we'd like the other to do if the other lost. Nearing the end of game 2, I was twenty pins behind Hubby and figured I was going to be the loser. I was doing okay, but definitely nothing spectacular. Then frame 7 I bowled a strike. Frame 8 I bowled another strike. Frame 9 I bowled a spare. Hubby sat up at this point, taking notice that I just might pull this game out. The last frame I bowled one strike, another, then a 7. I ended with a 179. Hubby stood to take his last turn. He needed at least two strikes to beat me. It didn't happen. I don't remember the last time I've laughed as much as I did today during the last four frames of that game. It felt really, really good to laugh.

And to come out of that daze I've been walking around in, if just for a little while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Writing With Light