The Magic Happening

More Bike the US for MS goodies arrived today, bringing out the little kid in me as I hurriedly opened the box. I had run out of stickers and had asked for more of those, but the box was too big for just stickers. When I opened the flap, I could see dark blue material. My heart leapt with joy: a Bike the US for MS sweatshirt! All I've been talking about for weeks is wanting one of these sweatshirts. Could be my angel watching over me working her magic!

Speaking of magic, yesterday an anonymous donor gave $220 towards my goal. How incredibly generous is that? When I logged into my profile to see if my amount had changed, and I saw that donation giving me an even $1500 raised thus far, I looked across the desk at Hubby and sputtered something completely unintelligible due to the shock.

When I think back over the last two months of deciding to do the ride, talking to people about it, setting up the Facebook page for it, and receiving encouragement as well as donations, the best way to describe it all is it's been magical. Complete strangers have made donations. Family has asked tons of questions about the ride. Friends have offered encouragement and support. Through it all, the word about MS is spreading, raising awareness in those who didn't know much about it.

Yeah, the magic is happening.

Comments

Natalia said…
Hello and Happy New Year. I am really sorry to read about your mum, and I hope that you are doing ok. I finally moved to Chicago, and hopefully can put 2011 behind me. I am looking foward to catching up, and reading more about your ride. I used to work on a drug for MS...anyway, I hope that you are doing ok, and will keep you and your family in my prayers.
JK said…
Thank you for the kind words, Natalia. It's great to see you back blogging and running. I hope you enjoy Chicago. It's a great city.

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Writing With Light