Sleepy Sleepy

Ever since the real fall weather moved in a couple of weeks ago, I've had a tough time feeling truly energetic. I'm convinced my body knows the days are cooler, and the sun rises later and sets earlier, and my body's response is sleep. Please.During the dark hours, all I want to do is sleep, which means from about 6 o'clock pm to 7 o'clock am, the only appealing thought I have is climbing into bed and snoozing. I've given into the urge a couple of times, but the last few nights I've stayed up later (past 9 pm--I know, I know, that's not late at all) and woke up a lot during the night. Good, quality sleep just isn't happening. This makes me sleepy during the day. Quite the vicious cycle going on right now.

Today  the temps were back up in the high 70s. Tomorrow we're looking at the mid 50s. I much prefer the lower temps. Not only do I not sweat buckets when commuting to work, but I get to fix all kinds of wonderful stews, soups, and other hearty dinners. Tonight was rump roast with celery, carrots, potatoes, and leeks. Thyme, parsley, and a bay leaf added their herb magic. Like last week with the organic chicken, I had Hubby get the roast from the organic grocery, so we enjoyed grass-fed beef without mega amounts of horrendous chemicals pumped into it. I even have some leftovers for my lunch tomorrow, so I'm very happy with another dinner that didn't cost more than $20. I'm digging this being economical with meals. I can't think of another feeling that's much better than what comes from stretching the dollar. Well, I can think of a couple, but . . ..

I do think part of my sleepiness is due to not cycling like I had been. I've gone from almost 200 miles a week to around 50 miles a week. That's quite a difference. My body may be saying get moving again, do something, anything, just move. Two months of being a sloth is a long enough break, and I can tell I'm ready to get back at it because when I watch a cycling program or a fitness program, I want to get dressed and get to work. I'm thinking weight lifting and lots of core work through the winter months. I was inspired by a crossfit program recently and am determined to be able to do one handstand push-up by April. Just writing about getting fit through the winter is making my sleepies go away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Writing With Light