While a Blizzard Rages Beyond Closed Window Shades

I bit the bullet and signed up for the Boiler Sprint Tri. I found this event late last year, bookmarked it, and waited for the site to update to show this year's event. A few weeks ago, all the info was posted for the April 2, 2011 sprint tri. Today, as I'm sitting home from work because of the blizzard currently raging outside, as I'm thinking of warmer days, springtime, and flowers, I thought the time was perfect to register for the tri. I now have my receipt in hand. Going back to my alma mater for a sprint tri, the first one for the season, will be a hoot.

On a more serious note, a fellow cyclist/runner/athlete needs our help.If you scroll down the page a bit, you'll see on the right-hand side "Donate to Help Alison Delgado." Ms. Delgado is recovering from a very serious cycling accident, and to help defray medical costs, a fund was created for those who wish to donate. This year, I decided I'm going to make donations to causes I truly believe in. This is one of them. As a cyclist, I know each time I go out a chance of getting hit exists. I hope it never happens, but I also hope in the event that it does that people I don't know will help if they can. Thankfully, I can give to Alison. I can't offer much, but I know that if everyone who sees her story just gives a little, it won't take long before she and her husband can breathe easier, knowing medical bills aren't weighing them down.

Now I'm contemplating filling out the form for another sprint tri scheduled for mid April. I'm not sure where the sudden desire to do sprint tri's is coming from, but I think I gotta go with the urge and see where it takes me. At this rate, my summer's going to be full before April even gets here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why

Writing With Light