The End of Another Semester

Every single morning I truly can't believe I get to wake up in this little house. I think about how often I said I would never buy a house, and I know if I had continued with that mindset I wouldn't be out here in the quiet, able to look up at night and see the stars. I wouldn't see the streaks of pink and blue across the sky as the sun rises. I wouldn't see the eagles that fly over.


Not a great picture by any means, but it's one I'll enjoy
for a long time. And it also shows just how dirty the 
camera lens is! Definitely time to clean that.

I've also seen another very large bird in the area the last few days. Yesterday I was sitting on the back steps, enjoying the warm afternoon and soaking up some sun, when I heard the screech. I looked to the right and saw a large, I mean large, bird flying my way. It was too big to be a hawk, so I'm thinking it might have been a golden eagle. My neighbor said they fly through at times. I've only seen a golden eagle once before, when I was hiking up at the locks. They are simply gorgeous. I'm hoping one day I get lucky and have my camera with me when it comes around. 

Today marks the end of the fall semester. I have some papers to finish reading over the weekend. Then on Monday I'll post final grades. I've allowed students to take until Sunday to get late work turned in, which I normally don't do, but given the circumstances I feel like a few more days is warranted. I understand some students just have a tougher time with online classes, and given that these students wouldn't normally sign up for an online class, I figure they could use a break.

This morning the scale showed another pound down. That makes ten total since I started keeping track back in late August. I made my goal and a pound more, so I'm pretty happy with that. I also had a doc appointment this past Monday and learned my blood pressure is really good, too. That makes me even happier. Who knew eating whole foods plant based is the way to go for optimal health? Oh, wait a minute. A lot of people have known this for a long time. I'm just glad I finally took the final step and fully embraced eating nothing but plants. It is a very simple way of eating, which fits nicely with my goal of simplifying my life.

Now, ginger tea time and grading. I'd like to knock everything out before I have to get my fur buddy who is at the spa for a bath and nail clipping. He's not spoiled at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Night Sky

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why