If You Don't Like What I Have to Say, Don't Read My Blog

So, apparently I'm stepping over the boundaries in speaking out about a family member's behavior. Also, apparently I'm not allowed to have a perspective on what my life was like growing up in my family. According to one sibling (who ordered me not to write about them on the blog, and who I'm pretty sure didn't even know my blog existed until I wrote the last post and it was shared by the family member that post is referring to), "I'm still wondering where the rest of us were when things were SO bad for you. We had an awesome and blessed bringing up." 

I don't disagree. We did. But this doesn't mean there weren't bad things, too. It wasn't all butterflies and unicorns. To believe otherwise is to live in La-La Land.

And, I just want to go on the record now and say I'm pretty sure I've never said through the years writing on my blog that my life growing up was SO bad. I'm still scratching my head over what blog posts my sibling is referring to that paint a picture of my horrible childhood. 

People who deny others their perspective, their voice, is a way of invalidating them. They aren't important. 

It's also way of shutting down difficult conversations. 

Problem is, I'm not going to shut up. I'm not going to let a couple of my siblings try to bully me into not talking about a difficult situation. 

All that's been asked is that some questions be answered. The response? 

Crickets. Lots and lots of crickets. Which I actually like crickets, just not when it comes to asking for information and being stonewalled.

Both siblings are really, really good at going silent, and frankly, as the old cliche goes, silence speaks way louder than words. If I'm so off base, as I've been accused of, then explain to me why I'm off base and what the situation really is. How hard is that? 

But this would mean actually sitting down and having a civil conversation. Given the -f bomb dropping in the texts I was getting, I'm not so sure civil is in the cards. Pretty sad all the way around.

My parting note for today: one thing I'm truly grateful for is living in a country that allows its citizens freedom of speech. If you don't like what I'm writing, the solution is simple: stop reading my blog. It really is that simple. But we all know how vain humans are and you just can't help yourself, can you? You have to check in to see if I'm writing about you. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marigolds

Night Sky

Profoundly Sad Today and I Don't Know Why